Currently enrolling for October 25 start date only.
The Library Management Skills Institute 1: The Manager (LMSI 1) is our most requested institute. This workshop is considered the seminal management development experience across the library community. It was originally designed over 40 years ago on a solid foundation of tried-and true management principles and guided by best practices in libraries. Since then, DJA has infused the LMSI 1 with a wide range of new voices and modern theory that brings the workshop to our present context. Our newest iteration is re-imagined to empower busy learners in a virtual environment.
Learn how to:
- Develop your skills as a facilitative leader who prioritizes well-being and margin
- Examine situations with cultural competence, emotional intelligence, and appreciative inquiry
- Recognize your own and others’ behavioral preferences and customize your approaches
- Navigate interdependent power structures and share power with your colleagues
- Clarify your participatory decision making strategies
- Tap into your colleagues’ motivation and use key tools to help them solve problems
- Build your facilitation skills for inclusive meetings
- Give feedback using time-tested techniques to minimize resistance and build commitment
This form is for a single participant. For groups, please fill out our Group Pricing Inquiry form.
If you require an invoice for your individual registration, please see our Individual Invoice Inquiry form.